Tuesday, July 19, 2011

One of my gerbils is acting strange and it's scaring me :(?

So, usually my male gerbil, Tom, is very active and he'll get on the wheel forever and dig and burrow, and move and play just nonstop. He's just a tiny ball of energy. Well, I'm staying at a friends house and my mom said that she probably would forget to feed my gerbils, so I was like ok, cool and I took them with me. My friend showed me to the room where I could keep them in, but it was cold in there and the gerbils would stay on a high dresser close to the ceiling vent. But I let them stay anyways. So within a couple of hours, I checked back and tried interacting with them. Tom didn't move and his eyes were closed and if he opened them, they weren't open all the way, and his fur was kind of sticking up and moist...he let me pet him and he slowly drifted to sleep again. He won't move, and when I try to give him a little push, he won't budge and just squeaks as if to say "leave me alone". I mean, that was a while ago, he's still the same, he went on his wheel once or twice, but not as fast or energetic as usual and he did get up and open his eyes and let the other gerbil, Jerry, groom him, he seems very sleepy and comfortable though, he yawns and stretches, but doesn't go into his home, he just lays in the open. Also, THE WATER BOTTLE WON'T STOP LEAKING OMG!?! and when I cleaned their cage for the first time with windex yesterday. But I made sure that i whiped it good and waited until it dried WHAT DO I DO?! it's 11:47 and nobody's getting up out of bed to go to the vet. Is there a chance of him getting better? Is there even something wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment