Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Does this mean my subwoofers are blown?

I'm running two Kicker L7 12 inch hooked up to a single Rockford t2500 amp. I was listening to skrillex at about 45 (out of 65 volume) with the bass at +4. After about 30 minutes, the subs cut out. Once we got back I popped my trunk and didn't smell anything unusual and it didn't make any noises if I pushed the subs directly in. If I pushed only one side of the subs, it made a squeaking noise. Does that mean their damage? On the left sub the left side squeaks and on the right the right squeaks. Remember, if I push directly in I feel no resistance or hear any sounds. Also, the subs worked after about 15 minutes, but I didn't turn them up passed 10 just to make sure I don't make matters worse. Thanks in advanced. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment